3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2016 6:10 PM by aus_mick

How to uninstall Viruscan Enterprise 8.8 of one computer by way of ePO

seginfo.inpi

Good afternoon

I wonder how to uninstall Viruscan 8.8 by way enterprise ePO ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How to uninstall Viruscan Enterprise 8.8 of one computer by way of ePO
          aus_mick

seginfo.inpi

Have you tried creating a McAfee Agent > Product Deployment task (refer to your Client Task Catalog) with the Product VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 and Action set to Remove (see attached) image.

ClientTaskRemoveVSE.png

You can then either perform a Run Client Task Now on selected systems, or alternatively via Client Task Assignments you can define the VSE removal client task at any level in your System Tree to run an an arbitrary time of your choosing. If your going to do the latter then I would strongly recommend that use Tags to selectively target systems or alternatively assign the client task at a sub-branch in your System Tree where you control what systems are a member so you don't go and remove VSE from all managed systems. For example create a branch called 'My Organization \ Remove VSE' and assign the client task to that branch to Run Immediately. Then for any systems you need to remove VSE from simply move them from their current location to this new branch. Just make sure you disable System Tree sorting otherwise if you have automatic sorting enabled the system will be moved out of that branch automatically. I find this method useful where we don't have the necessary connectivity to the endpoint to be able to use the Run Client Task Now action and it reduces the risk of having the task assigned at the top of your System Tree.

HTH,

Mick

• 2. Re: How to uninstall Viruscan Enterprise 8.8 of one computer by way of ePO
            seginfo.inpi

Perfect Mick the task worked! Thank you for the tip! There is how to create one to also remove the Agent? Because when I say run the task of antivirus installation, it gives error because the agent is already installed.

Already, grateful.

• 3. Re: How to uninstall Viruscan Enterprise 8.8 of one computer by way of ePO
              aus_mick

seginfo.inpi

If you remove the Agent then you sever communication between the end-point and the ePO so you wont be able to use client tasks any longer. When you say you get an error with the anti-virus installation are you able to share the exact details? If your using the VSE repost package that contains the McAfee Agent installer however the installer has inbuilt intelligence to know if it needs to upgrade the agent or not. If your operating with a version of McAfee Agent on the endpoint greater than that in the VSE repost package then the Agent component wont be installed when you install VSE.

If your deploying via the ePO, then a copy of the logs from the endpoint under C:\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs\ would be useful in troubleshooting. Just make sure you sanitise before uploading to the forums so you don't include any identifiable information of your organisation within them.

Regards,

Mick