1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 10:38 PM by rajinp

MOVE MP Client cache - two questions

dereks

Hi everyone

I have been testing MOVE MP (3.6.1) within my organization. There is some useful information about the MOVE MP cache process here, but I'd like to understand the client cache in particular a bit better:

1. Is the client cache timeout a rolling process, or does the whole cache get flushed on timeout? Not clear in the FAQ.
      2. When the Offload scan server host gets a new DAT file, does it tell the clients to strike entries from their cache if required? If not, default timeout for client cache of 24hrs seems a long time for the client to have a threat that the OSS has just learnt about in its latest DAT.

In terms of background to this question, I'm trying to test the performance of MOVE MP versus VSE - particularly in terms of load on the SAN during on demand scans. It would really help me to better understand the client cache process to design a representative test.

Any help or opinions very welcome.

Cheers, Derek

• 1. Re: MOVE MP Client cache - two questions
          rajinp
          1. Is the client cache timeout a rolling process, or does the whole cache get flushed on timeout? Not clear in the FAQ.

Cache will cleared every 24 hours and not when any time out happens.

1. When the Offload scan server host gets a new DAT file, does it tell the clients to strike entries from their cache if required? If not, default timeout for client cache of 24hrs seems a long time for the client to have a threat that the OSS has just learnt about in its latest DAT.

Right now the sync between OSS and client is not there. So OSS cache will be cleared when DAT update happens and it wont get synced immediately.