5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 9:24 AM by Peter M

Cant download McAfee Antivirus Plus

buelllord

Hi gang, I have just purchased McAfee Antivirus Plus and it refuses to download. My computer has a virus and I am assuming that is stopping it. I have tried ringing Customer support and the number does not connect, I tried emailing but all I get is a computer generated reply that sends to a link that doesn't work, I have tried chat but get no response. What am I supposed to do. Help please because I can get no help from McAfee. regards Gary

• 1. Re: Cant download McAfee Antivirus Plus
          catdaddy

I would suggest to assure that you have no 'Malware/Virus' onboard to First run the Latest McAfee Stinger. ( Read how to use) followed up by running Malwarebytes (Free) Version. To keep it free (DO NOT) accept the Free Trial Version/or activate the Paid/Pro Version.

(Note) In certain scenario's it may be necessary to run these programs in (Safe Mode w/Networking)

After scanning with both applications, Delete/Remove any detections found and restart. Both of these Superb Programs can be obtained here; Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools

Next, before attempting to Download/Install your McAfee Anti-Virus Plus. Go to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Add/Remove any pre-existing Security Applications/Restart. Then run any removal tool available also to remove any remnants .

Then you can contact Technical Support for assistance in regards to installing from your account, by accessing the link below

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/

Via Online Chat/Phone being the quickest.

Please let us know it this resolves your issues.

All the BEST,

CD

• 2. Re: Cant download McAfee Antivirus Plus
            catdaddy

I might add also, make certain you are current with all of your Windows Updates/Add-ons. To include Internet Explorer, even if you do not use it. For McAfee and other programs do in order to function properly.

It is advisable that you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed as well ( 21.0.0.182 )

If you have not automatically been updated, please pay close attention to the (Optional Offers) which usually are 'Bundled' with the Adobe Download.  Adobe - Flash Player

• 3. Re: Cant download McAfee Antivirus Plus
              catdaddy

Moved appropriately to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance > Discussions

Cliff

• 4. Re: Cant download McAfee Antivirus Plus

buelllord wrote:

I tried emailing but all I get is a computer generated reply that sends to a link that doesn't work, I have tried chat but get no response.

Most often this happens when you're the victim of a "fake McAfee" campaign - ie you're calling a hacker, or visiting a website which is not really McAfee.

please share the links and phone number you used and we'll confirm they are genuine.

• 5. Re: Cant download McAfee Antivirus Plus
                  Peter M

Also please post more information on why you think you have an infected machine...pop-up details etc.

There are some free tools and advice here:  Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

You know that the software also will refuse to install if any remnants of old security software are present.

Whatever you used before, check to see if they have a removal tool and use it.