4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2008 3:05 AM by Quitch

Workstation in search but not systems

Quitch
      I run a search for a machine from the dashboard. Two identical machines are returned, neither with agents and both listed as being located under the global root, yet when I enter the Systems view they're not at the global root, nor are they under any of my sub-folders.
        • 1. RE: Workstation in search but not systems
          tonyb99
          If you do a new table query of all systems using the assignment path column (aswell as a uninque identifier) can you see the machines at the root?

If so then use this to identify and then move these from root.
          • 2. RE: Workstation in search but not systems
            Quitch
            As suggested, I have run this query, and there appear to be a large number of machines filed under My Organisation which are invisible in the system view. I can sort them from the query (good thinking, thanks for that), but why can I not see them in System?
            • 3. RE: Workstation in search but not systems
              tonyb99
              I seem to remember that when you move stuff around in directory it tells you (in vague terms) not to drop them into the root as you may not be able to see them again. At least thats what I took the warning to mean.

I just made sure from day 1 not to drop anything in there
              • 4. RE: Workstation in search but not systems
                Quitch
                They appear to have been dropped there by the domain sync run by a lower level group. Not sure why though. When sorted they all get moved to Lost & Found and become visible.

I also found some duplicate entries, unsure as to why that is too, all of these machines are being brought in from Active Directory where duplicates are not possible. Nor have I enabled the sort which can create duplicates (create here and leave original copy there).