1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 6:45 PM by catdaddy

FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB

mikeholroyd

Necessary price update file for VW ETKA parts catalogue.Can the malware label be removed from this file as McAfee constantly moving it to quarantine when it is needed.

• 1. Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB
          catdaddy

mikeholroyd,

Please try following these Guidelines/Instructions to get this application Analyzed/Processed: What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

( Note )  Each Artemis! Detection needs to be  zipped and password protected using the word  infected   before being submitted.

All the Best,

CD

• 2. Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB
            mikeholroyd

My email program will not allow me to send any zip oe exe file. Please advise

Thanks

• 3. Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB
              catdaddy

Then I would suggest running the McAfee Getsusp Tool. Remember to enter your email address under 'Preferences' before scanning. Upon a successful Scan/Submission, you should receive a (Work Item ID #)  You can obtain this Tool in the Link I furnished you.

For instance please refer to this thread Re: False Artemis!AE789654C673

All the Best,

CD

• 4. Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB
                catdaddy

mikeholroyd,

Could you kindly inform us if you were successful in running the McAfee Getsusp Tool? If the case be that you were, you should have received a confirmation back from McAfee Labs. Associated with it would include a

' Work Item ID # 

Which after allowing McAfee Labs 4-5 (Buisness) days to Analyze/Process. If your issues are not resolved, we can then contact a Engineer on your behalf to escalate your issue.

Thank You,

CD

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB
                  mikeholroyd

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes I was successful in running Getsusp, and have got the following reply. Still no reply from McAfee even though I know this is harmless and a necessary program

McAfee Labs Sample Analysis

Thank you for using the GetSusp tool to submit your suspicious file(s).

Synopsis:

The status of each file in the submission after an initial analysis is as follows:

SR Number               Creation Date                WorkItem ID        Machine Name

=========               ==============               ===========        ===========

None specified          3/11/2016 5:37:44 PM         2026351            OFFICEDESKTOP

+-----------------------+----------------------------------+--------------+-----------+--------+

| File Name             | MD5                              | Findings     | Detection | Type   |

+-----------------------+----------------------------------+--------------+-----------+--------+

| etka price update.ex_ | f4515d7380bba68ded87f4f57be185e9 | not_detected |           | TROJAN |

Thank you

• 6. Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB
                    catdaddy

Actually that was a reply as it indicates your Artemis! Sample was received. It also has a (Work Item ID#) associated with it, as I had mentioned. We will give it the required time to be Analyzed, and if for some reason it is not resolved I will contact someone on your behalf at McAfee Labs.

Thank you

All the Best,

CD

• 7. Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB
                      dmeier

The file f4515d7380bba68ded87f4f57be185e9, has been whitelisted.

- David

• 8. Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB
                        catdaddy

mikeholroyd,

Could you please confirm that your issues are resolved?

All the best,

CD

• 9. Re: FALSE ARTEMIS! F4515D7380BB
                          mikeholroyd

Hi sorry, only just logged on. Yes thank you, all is sorted

best regards

Mike

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          1 2 Previous Next