2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 11:53 AM by Peter M

DNS Unlocker

alverto

Hello,

I have a new PC since December, and I chose McAfee Live Safe to protect it. In January I started to get ads on chrome. At first i thought it was one of those programs that come with freeware installers, but there was no program to uninstall on control pannel. I uninstalled chrome, and removed all files related to it, but after reinstalling it, it came back. The ads state that they are powered by DNS Unlocker, and after searching for solutions online, I haven't found any that works for me. Most of them ask you to download 5 diferent types of software that are supposed to fix the problem but they don't. For some people it is as simple as switching DNS settings to automatic, or removing adware programs from control pannel, but in my PC, all these settings are as they should, and I still get annoying ads and popups. I've found this thread on microsoft, where there is more people having the same issue, but the solutions given work for some, and don't work for others, in which I include, very frustrating. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanni ng/how-to-get-rid-of-dns-unlocker/8a2422…  

I ran several scans with McAfee, but unfortunately, it doesn't detect any threat.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me getting rid of this.

Kind regards,

Alberto