3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2016 7:25 AM by Solu enu

Solidcore installation issue

Solu enu

I had solidcore installed on of my server, for testing I had to remove it, and now I can't seem to get it install?

ePO show a successful install when I push it fro ePO, but app isn't there.

I checked the machine and it doesn't have any folder called solidcore in "Program files".

any idea?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Solidcore installation issue
          aus_mick

Sohel

We had the same issue. The installer fails if the C:\Program Files\McAfee\Solidcore  (32-bit) or C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Solidcore (64-bit) directory exists. Simply delete the directory and then reattempt your install and it should work fine.

HTH,

Mick

• 2. Re: Solidcore installation issue
            bdubya

I think I got the steps initially from FAQ section of one of the install docs (?), but it looks like it's made it into a KB now, anyway:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75902

I've been doing a few extra steps, though, and finding and deleting the solidcore installer files under \Windows\downloaded installations\{<guid>} and/or the SOLIDCOR5000_WIN key under wow6432node might be what you need? The full list of extras I do are:

- I don't think I've ever needed to disable Access Protection, but may be needed in some cases

- I also delete:

- <system drive>:\Windows\s3setup.log (just so next installation is

- sometimes there's a <system drive>:\Windows\system32\drivers\swin1.sys file

- <system drive>:\Windows\downloaded installations\{guid} directory

- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\ApplicationPlugins\SOLIDCOR5000_WIN key

- HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\swin

Edit...

The guid is from "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\4E9BD2348836F234A9BD168E87F25439\SourceList\LastUsedSource" (if it hasn't been deleted yet, of course), but I generally just go by the date/time stamp of the folder. (Can sometimes pay to remove the others mentioned under ....\SourceList\Net\1, \2, etc as well)

• 3. Re: Solidcore installation issue
              Solu enu

Thanks for the input, it worked.