4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 3:32 PM by noahleaf

Questions on exclusion naming conventions & differences (plus a bonus on-demand scan question!)

noahleaf

Hello Community Members!

I have three questions to pose for you all. I thought about putting them in separate threads, but decided to consolidate at least for now.

1) Differences in VSE on-demand exclusions: There are three VSE policies that I just am understanding now... On-Access High-Risk, On-Access Low-Risk and On-Access Default. High-Risk is scanned more, Low-Risk is scanned less.
      My confusing lies within the fact that all three of these policies contain an "exclusion" section. And that section all says the same thing--"Specify what items to exclude from scanning." So what is the difference between the exclusions in On-Access High-Risk policy, the exclusions in On-Access Low-Risk policy and the exclusions in On-Access Default

policy?

2) Exclusion nomenclature: Another question is about naming conventions for the exclusions themselves. I want to exclude McAfee from scanning some processes when they start up... but many of them end in *32.

Example: RetroFoxPro.exe *32

However, I know McAfee views the pound as a wildcard marker. Is it still alright to write it like the above example (space between the exe and the wildcard included?)

3. On-Demand Scan stops from EPO console: The follow-up question that probably deserves its own thread, and I'll throw it in one later if necessary, but is it possible to stop an On-Demand scan if it is started from the epo console rather than the VSE console? Because, quite frankly, I haven't found a way....

Thank you in advance, everyone!