1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2016 10:27 PM by boyd

How to fetch the licence information from EPO server using WEB api

akhilms

I am new to EPO server and its web api.I would like to know if there is any way to find out the licence information of mcafee products like virus enterprise,mcafee agent that is managed through our EPO server USING WEB API.For example how many virus enterprise have licence in our network like that?.

• 1. Re: How to fetch the licence information from EPO server using WEB api
          boyd

In my admittedly limited experience with Web-API, I can't see any way of finding out licence information via command-line.

From what I've seen, when you look at the commands available from core.help, it appears that web-API is mostly aimed at automating the really repetitive, mundane tasks such as:

- deploying agents to endpoints - this logic can then be used in scripts

- deleting endpoints out of the system tree - this logic can then be used in scripts

- changing extremely well-hidden configuration options, such as my personal favourite of enabling Drive Encryption system transfer functionality on your new ePO server

- locating an endpoint - this logic can then be used in scripts (I do this a lot)

- starting/stopping/listing/deleting scheduled tasks

- waking up agents

...etc. The list goes on and on.

Checking licence information doesn't seem to fall under the definition of repetitive, mundane tasks, despite the fact that a lot of organisations have many separate ePO servers which may need periodic true-ups (a la Microsoft true-ups/licence usage audits).