7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 4:13 PM by catdaddy

Real-Time Scanner is blocking software development tools

andre42

Hi,

since I use McAfee Total Protection, I have an issue with the real-time scanner:

Every time I compile with MinGW (GCC compiler for windows) or with Unity3D, I get access errors on temporary files. When I disable the Real-Time Scanner, the errors disappear.

It seems, that the real-time scanner shortly access the newly creates temporary files and this blocks the processes from the compiler to work correctly.

Unfortunately I did not find a way to disable the real-time scan for those temporary working directories. I can just exclude single files, but since those files are creates on mass temporary the exclude file feature does not help here.

What I need is a exclude directory feature or something like that (also for directories that have not been created so far).

At the moment the only solution for me is to completely disable real-time scan every time I want to develop any software. But it is somehow annoying for me to pay money for a super cool anti-virus tool when I have to disable all the time the real-time scanner to be able to work on my computer.

Is there any chance to get a exclude directory feature in any upcoming versions?

Best regards,

André

P.S.: There are a several of threads in the internet, that addressing those issues:
      How to solve "Internal compiler error."? - Unity Answers

Access to C:/Users//Documents//Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll.mdb is denied. - Unity Answers
      MinGW Fix Permission Denied LD and Error 1 - GeekThis