4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 8:11 AM by aclaerxter

Deploying agents on a different subnet.

aclaerxter

I am having an issue deploying agents to clients on a different subnet to the ePo server.

routing is fine and there are no firewalls in the way, ePo fails to detect the clients and a manual install on the client wont update.

any ideas?

much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Deploying agents on a different subnet.
          DocB

aclaerxter,

What do the Agent logs say?  Tracert to the server? Tracert from the server?  What Agent version and what ePO version?  What does the Agent monitor on the WS report?  What happens when the FW on the WS is turned off?

DocB

• 2. Re: Deploying agents on a different subnet.
            aclaerxter

tracerts are as expected in both directions (2 hops)

agent version is 4.8.0

ePo version is 5.1.0

im not too sure where I find the agent logs?

the other thing I forgot to mention is that the client im testing on is a workgroup client used as a gold image for thin client images.

• 3. Re: Deploying agents on a different subnet.
              DocB

aclaerxter,

Update ePO to 5.1.3 and Agent to 4.8.3.  Don't forget to remove the Agent before making your image.  Join to AD, then remove before or run sysprep before making image.  You'll need to synch ePO to AD after joining/removing WS.

Also, make sure you generate the Agent Package from System Tree, new systems and click the radio button to download a new Agent package.  Do this after updating ePO to 5.1.3 and adding in the 4.8.3 Agent extensions and deployment package.

DocB

• 4. Re: Deploying agents on a different subnet.
                aclaerxter

I will update those later this afternoon,

regarding the thin client part.

im not sure I explained it overly well, basically we provision virtual machines from this image and they are used on different thin clients. do I still need to remove the agent? how do the VM's contact the ePo server