2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 12:20 PM by andrep1

New EPO Installation Problems

steelsteve

Let me first start by saying I'm new to EPO.  Currently I'm in the process of building an EPO 4.6.0 server that will be used to manage about 20 windows clients that until recently were standalone.  I have installed the EPO software on a clean Windows 2008R2 installed server.  I've tried installing VSE8.8 both by running the vsesetup executable and through the EPO manager as follows: Menu\Software\Extensions\Install Extensions  selecting first VIRUSCAN8800(208).zip, then repeating with both VIRUSCANREPORTS120(148).zip, and EPO45_help_vse_880.zip.  Both ways seem to work however in order to install the McAfee software on the remote clients (not part of AD or on a Domain) I need to copy both the c:\Program Files(x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\Framepkg.exe and c:\Program Files(x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\RepoCache\Current\VIRUSCAN8800 folder to each client and run the installation executable for each.  My problem is the VIRUSCAN8800 folder does not exist.  Obviously I'm doing something wrong or missed a step, but I have been unable to determine where or what I've missed solely by looking at the McAfee instructions.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

• 1. Re: New EPO Installation Problems
          c0nfick3r

You need to incorporate the package

menu - software - master repository

the package is downloaded .zip (VSE880LMLRP6.ZIP)

• 2. Re: New EPO Installation Problems
            andrep1

So you did the right thing: check in the extension under extensions.  But you also need to checkin the vse880lmlrp6.zip into the master repository.

If you have credential for the remote systems, you can push the agent from ePO. Under system tree, new system. If not, you can download the install package from there also using the option for that: system tree, actions, new systems, create and download agent installation package.

Once the management agent is installed, it will run under the system context and will communicate with ePO to receive tasks and policies. Create a task in ePO to deploy virusscan to all your managed devices in ePO. System tree, Assigned client task.

So that is the quick answer.

I would suggest you grab the manual for ePO to understand all those concepts. Also, you might not want to hear this, but ePO 4.6.x is end of life, you need ePO 5.3.x or 5.1.x