I usually implement the following to speed up deployment:
- create a "deploy" policy with ASCI 15 minutes and assign it to the top of the system tree
- assign a TAG to all systems that have all necessary products installed (like "ProductsInstalled")
- create a "default" policy with ASCI 60 minutes (or what is reasonable within the organisation) and assign it with a policy assignment rule to the TAG "ProductsInstalled"
Systems which have not all defined products have a ASCI of 15min and the rest have 60min.
I dont seem to find anything which I could use inside the tag criteria?
Correct, you must apply the TAG via server task query sub action.
- Create a query which returns all systems that don't have all the necessary software installed.
- Create server task which executes the query and choose sub task which applies the TAG.
- Schedule the server task every x minutes/hours.
Nice one Frank, will test this out :-)
What would you recommend selecting in the query to pick up products installed?
And don't forget to clear the TAG before running the assignment, or else systems which now lack software still hold the tag.