2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 9:17 AM by Fademidun

    Failing Active Directory Synchronizations

    mcdave

      Suddenly since last week one of our 5 Active Directory Synchronizations continuously fail.

       

      Here are the server task logs:

      2/10/16 1:05:23 PM     Started: Synchronizing 1 groups

      2/10/16 1:05:23 PM     Synchronizing 1 synchronized groups

      2/10/16 1:05:23 PM     Another task is currently performing synchronization to group My Organization\DOMAINX, skipping.

      2/10/16 1:05:23 PM     Error synchronizing DOMAINX with Active Directory synchronization point [DC=DOMAINX,DC=com]

      2/10/16 1:05:23 PM     _Sync AD-ePO Dir [DOMAINX] (Synchronized 0 groups)

       


      But there no other sync task running (even if there are no server tasks running at all it keeps failing with the same message)

      Restarting the epo server didn't help either

       

      Here are our sync settings:

      10-02-2016 13-46-34.png

       

      All help is appreciated

       

      regards,

      Dave

        • 1. Re: Failing Active Directory Synchronizations
          Fademidun

          Also getting this error along the previous posted one... Warning, some sync points failed to synchronize

           

          I may have to open a case with Support as this is affecting the newly deployed system to be discovered and managed

          • 2. Re: Failing Active Directory Synchronizations
            Fademidun

            I've been able to resolve mine. First thing I did is to disabled the options to push Agent on discovery new system (this is causing the process to proceed on error), then did a search for AD Synch. I realised that there are 2 types of synchronisation. the first one is AD Synchronisation and the second Active Directory/Domain Synchronization, I just search for Synchronisation and Synchronization, then terminated the running tasks, reboot and check status of synchronisation on all 5 domains via Group details/Synchronisation Type/Edit and all was clear. Go to Task and fire up AD Synch task, after successfully synch, enabled the Push Agent option on discovery and all is good. Will keep an watching and see how it behaves in couple of days.

             

            Hope this is useful

             

            Rgds,