6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 11:56 AM by catdaddy

Why isn't the T9000 Malware even mentioned on your site?

timothyb196

After reading an article I saw on Bing about this T9000 malware, I came directly to McAfee to find out what I could. Surprisingly, I couldn't even find this listed in the Virus database! The article I read said that many antivirus programs, including McAfee, failed to detect T9000, and this Malware actually will alter the registry to keep your antivirus from finding it! I'm no expert, but it would seem to me that a special removal tool might be needed to detect and remove it. Until then, I'm wondering why when this Malware is being talked about on many websites, that McAfee has no information on it whatsoever.

For those of you who haven't heard of this, I would start with a Google search. Apparently, it infects Skype, and steals personal information. It is an updated version of an earlier Malware known as T5000, and I haven't been able to find anything so far to tell me how to know if a computer is even infected, much less what to do if it is. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.