3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 10:09 AM by ja2013

I need to decrypt a computer that was encrypted with an EPO 5.1 server

thor2923

We were have an older McAfee EPO server and have a few machines that were encrypted by it. At this point we have at least one machine in particular that we want to decrypt. I have full access to the EPO server but do not understand it well enough to perform a decryption. I can log into Orchestrator and browse to the machine in the System Tree and see it is "unmanaged". How can I perform a decryption? Is it a procedure I do from the server or local machine? I have found bits and pieces of how to do this but no real complete procedure. If anyone has advice, it is welcome..thanks

• 1. Re: I need to decrypt a computer that was encrypted with an EPO 5.1 server
          ja2013

Hello, Im on an airplane and will try to give you a hand. Go into your ePO

server and export the machine key for the system in question. After you

export the machine key xml file, perform a drive recovery using the ezpe32

or ezpe64 for uefi drives. These tools require the key plus the code of the day

which is built into the EZ32 menu.

I have had numerous emails that the EZSA stand alone is also pretty expediant.

If your not certain even with these tools, contact support for a hand in this. Data

recovery is paramount so dont guess.

Jay

• 2. Re: I need to decrypt a computer that was encrypted with an EPO 5.1 server
            thor2923

Bless you for the reply! No one else has been able to give me a clue in 2 different forums I have joined. I hope I can ask you for more details. We do not have support on this server and I was not involved at all in setting it up. I found the computer or system in question in the SYSTEM TREE but have no idea how to export a machine key. Is this expe32 & 64 something that is done locally on the PC? I am stuck with a PC that was encrypted and we need to decrypt it so we can load Windows 10 on it. If you have or know of any written procedure to get this machine decrypted, I would appreciate it. In the mean time I will research this ezpe64 you mentioned....thanks

• 3. Re: I need to decrypt a computer that was encrypted with an EPO 5.1 server
              ja2013

Sorry for the very late reply. Always use the EZPE32 on any system that does not use UEFI. EZPE32 is named that way but can be used for 64 bit systems that do not use UEFI.