1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 4:24 PM by sivakumarc

ENS 10.0.1 can't be uninstalled

D-Fens

I wanted to test ENS in comparison to VSE, after uninstalling ENS 10.0.1 I can't completly uninstall it, some service are still running.(mfeesp.exe, mfehidin.exe, mfemms.exe, mfevtps.exe).

MVSUninst.exe does not work. I need a manual uninstall guide...

• 2. Re: ENS 10.0.1 can't be uninstalled
          Peter M

I don't use the product so will defer to those with knowledge, but looking in the installation guide I see the uninstallation procedure can take some time, maybe you terminated it prematurely?

Installation Guide: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.1.0

• 3. Re: ENS 10.0.1 can't be uninstalled
            Solid Snake

the problem occur when removing the ENS Platform

• 4. Re: ENS 10.0.1 can't be uninstalled
              Solid Snake

Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security Platform.

You should delete the folders below after you uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security Platform:

• C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security

Files remaining:

• C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Security Platform\ap.xsd
              • C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Security Platform\ApBl.dll
              • C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Security Platform\ApBlEventMap.xml
              • C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Security Platform\ApRc.dll

Usually the following registry data will not be uninstalled:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{57E74475 -3968-44EF-8E01-0F07132B2153}

Registry values that are not removed from your PC:

• HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\57447E758693FE44E810F07031B21235\SourceList \Net\2
              • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C :\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Security\
              • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C :\Windows\Installer\{57E74475-3968-44EF-8E01-0F07132B2153}\
              • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\ S-1-5-18\Components\01DA312E8E4C3084FAC65DC06B217C71\1DA695DCD2A72024BAD2D7CC1FF 3D91F
              • 5. Re: ENS 10.0.1 can't be uninstalled
                D-Fens

It seems that the installation did not complete because of an old MA version (4.8 HF3).

so the installation did not complete, re-runnig it won't finish, clicking und cancel and waiting for 1 day won't stop the processes running, (mcshield.exe, mfeesp.exe, mfemms.exe, mfevtps.exe)

I can't reinstall VSE because of this

• 6. Re: ENS 10.0.1 can't be uninstalled
                  sivakumarc

Hi Fens,

If the process are still running and if were not able to end the process in normal mode or safe mode, please boot the computer in active directory repair mode from msconfig.

Delete the following registry keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mcafee

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\services\Mcafee

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ controlset001\services\mfemms

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ controlset001\services\mfeesp

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ controlset001\services\mfevtps

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ controlset001\services\mfehidk

keys start with mfe are mcafee related , so you can delete the mfe keys under services

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\current controlset\services\Mcafee

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\current controlset001\services\mfemms

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\current controlset001\services\mfeesp

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\current controlset001\services\mfevtps

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\current controlset001\services\mfehidk

** you can also search for mcafee in the search in the registry under ctrl + f and delete the mcafee related keys.

after deleting the keys try to end the running processes related to mcafee in the task manager which should end the process.

Please delete the following folders highlighted in bold letters

C:\Program Files\McAfee

C:\Program Files\common files\McAfee

C:\Program Files(x86)\McAfee

C:\Program Files\commonfiles\McAfee

Reboot the computer in normal mode and open drivers under the location C:\Windows\System32\drivers

please check for the drivers that start with mfe and rename it as old (eg:mfemms.sys should be renamed as mfemms.sysold)

please let me know did this end the processes.

Regards,

shiva

• 7. Re: ENS 10.0.1 can't be uninstalled
                    sivakumarc

Hi,

May i know the status of ENS 10.0 uninstall

• 8. Re: ENS 10.0.1 can't be uninstalled
                      Solid Snake

Hi,

the installation did not complete even when using MA version 5.0.1

ENS1.01 need MA 5.0.2 to complete installation D-Fens

• 9. Re: ENS 10.0.1 can't be uninstalled
                        D-Fens

Hi Sivakumarc,

it worked, thank you

in addition to all the steps you mentioned, I installed MA 5.0.2, let ENS fail the installation, rebooted, and after that i could reinstall VSE.

1 2 Previous Next