2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 12:44 AM by alhaawi

How often should I be running a DAT update for VSE on EPO 5.3.0

zade

We are currently running a DAT update every day at 12pm, do you think we should be running this more to keep up to date? my only concern is impact on the network, see our current DAT info:

• 1. Re: How often should I be running a DAT update for VSE on EPO 5.3.0
          tkinkead

I assume you're referring to running DAT updates on the VSE endpoints, correct, and not updating the ePO Master Repository with new DAT packages, right?

McAfee usually only deploys DATs once a day, so it's rarely necessary to push new DATs more often.  I would recommend, on your DAT update task, checking the option to Run Missed Task (I forget the exact wording).  That way, if you have a client that's offline at 12 PM, they'll run the DAT update next time they come online.

Also, as long as a client is within 30 DAT versions of the current version in the repository, it will download small incremental update files to get up to the current version.  I want to say each incremental update file is around 200 KB, so they're very low impact. 

• 2. Re: How often should I be running a DAT update for VSE on EPO 5.3.0
            alhaawi

hello

are you talking about updating master rep or assigned client task update?