0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 11:39 AM by gph12

How to Configure ePO to Allow Commvault Simpana to Function Properly?

gph12

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to McAfee ePO\HBSS and still struggling to understand it better. I'm hoping someone here has some ideas for me on the backup issue we are experiencing. 

Our Commvault Simpana backup server had been working but stopped functioning properly a few weeks ago. I presume it's because of a McAfee update but don't know for sure. What I do know is that the only way I can get the backups to run is to open the McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention (McAfeeFire.exe) and turn off Host IPS, Network IPS, and the Firewall. Then I have to restart all of the Commvault Simpana services. The backups will then run on all of our servers (The backup server backs up about 10 servers via an agent. I don't need to make any changes on the clients).

If I attempt to run the backups without doing that (or let them run on their schedule) the jobs die with a variety of errors.

The Activity Log tab does not show anything being denied when I have the HIPS, Network IPS, and the Firewall enabled. So I'm looking for a way to to narrow this down. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Greg