1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2016 4:27 AM by Don_Martin

New to ePO - Can't seem to push Endpoint Security to Mac clients ...

macmanager

All-

I am new to ePO and such, but figuring it out rapidly. If I missed another thread that already covers this issue, please redirect me. Couldn't find one doing my own searches.

We have a network of Macs (iMac, MacBook, MacbookPro) that we have configured to be managed by our ePO. However, I can't seem to get the Endpoint client software installed on more than one machine. It's been a week and the deployment process is still "pending." All other machines are on the same network, on, logged in and ready to receive. Am I missing something in terms of pushing this software out? Another config on another ePO page perhaps?

Help.

• 1. Re: New to ePO - Can't seem to push Endpoint Security to Mac clients ...
          Don_Martin

Hello,

I remember there was a bug where Tasks did not finish but run endlessly until they are manually stopped when there is no end time/date given. This was resolved in ePO 5.1.3 and I can confirm the fix is working, at least for us.

It would be terrific if you could provide your ePO Version and have a look to the "known issues" für your Version: McAfee KnowledgeBase - REDIRECTED - ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1 Known Issues

Nevertheless: If all your managed or to-be-managed Systems are within ONE Group you can easily create an Installtask for only this Group the Clients are in (or you could create an installgroup with specific sub-Groups). Besides it could be useful to open a SR (request for Information) and ask for best practices which come handy to your Environment and in this matter.

I am sorry for my english but I hope it is at least understandable.

greetings