1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 3:35 PM by catdaddy

True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl

crecord2

Has anyone else had this experience with True Key.  It has made Internet Explorer almost unusable.  Like the auto login, but not waiting 30-45 seconds for every page to load.  I turn off True Key and the lag immediately goes away.  Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl
          exbrit

I don't think any of the Moderators use it to check, but at the moment I find web pages slow loading, but that I blame my ISP for.

You may wish to contact Technical Support on this matter as it could be a bad Intel server is causing communication delays.

Contact Support

• 2. Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl
            selvan

Hi crecord2

Am using TrueKey on IE and Chrome (Windows 7) and haven't experienced any issues with pages loaded. They are instant as am on a corporate Network. Could you switch connection to Wired or vice-versa and see if that helps. Also post back the version of TrueKey installed (See image below)

TK Version.png

• 3. Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl
              exbrit

Thanks Selvan ;-)

• 4. Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl
                crecord2

Well it looks like you're lucky.  Just got off chat with McAfee.  Uninstalled and reinstalled True Key.  They admitted its a pretty bloated software because of all the background features (that I don't need like facial recognition log-in.  I don't have them activated, but it must still have an affect).  I liked the stripped down SafeKey better. Other than the previous annoying "please install the latest version yellow bar", it was fine. Anyway, I have found a solution for myself.  I turn off the toolbar for True Key and the browser screams (3 day old fresh install of Windows 10 on an SSD).  If I want to use it, I'll turn on the toolbar.  With it on, its like trying to pull and 18 wheeler with a Volkswagon bug.

• 5. Re: Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl
                  selvan

That is odd. Please post the Service Request number here to see what happened exactly.

• 6. Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl
                    crecord2

While I have a service request number, we did get disconnected in the middle.  To remove True Key all browsers had to be closed - that includes the chat window I was in.

I went ahead and removed and reinstalled True Key and played around with it.  I will say, even when ZI turn on the True Key toolbar, it still doesn't work like Safekey did.  It's not actually logging me in.  I'm going to seek out a different program to handle this for my computer.

Service Request: Service Request #: 1924816079  Note, the email I received after the disconnect says it was from Intel Security vs. McAfee

• 7. Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl
                      crecord2

Been doing some reading online.  True Key is a disaster and killing the speed of computers everywhere.  As I said, I uninstalled and problem went away.  Everything I have read about this program says stay away.  Very, very far away.  Looking for a new password manager now.  Too bad McAfee replaced something that was working just fine (albeit the annoying yellow banner to upgrade) with something that is unusable.  So now, I have no password manager!

• 8. Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl
                        nibormac

Yep, been spending the better part of today transferring my sites over from SafeKey to a competing product for a very good price. Found some very cool features such as Identities, offline USB, and web and mobile site access. That web and mobile site was critical for me to use a password manager on an unsupported device (BlackBerry, Samsung SmartTV) or for devices you may be unauthorized to install a plugin or app on, like a workplace computer or public internet kiosk. It' a slow process, need to ensure the sites are entered correctly and testing each one. Don't care TrueKey is part of the McAfee LiveSafe subscription, it's just not usable, I think they've spent too much time developing all the new features and overlooked the basics.

• 9. Re: True Key Slows Internet Explorer to a Crawl
                          crecord2

Curious what product you chose.  I'm about to go with something new. Your comment about spending the better part of a day transferring sites sounds pretty tedious and may be a product that is again more than I need.  Didn't your new program just import the data?

1 2 Previous Next