1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 7:57 AM by Kary Tankink

Host IPS: how to modify client created rules to apply to all system in epo.

tines_p

Hi Guys

I'm in need of some help, With Host IPS in Adaptive mode, Client rules are created. I move them to the general rule that applies to all system in my ePO.

How to I modify the rule so that is will apply to any system trying to launch that same application.

File name: C:\USERS\username replaced\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\IS-0HH96.TMP\GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-1.2.8.12-RELEASE.T MP

this exception will now inly apply to this user specified, how should I change the rule so that any person in my org can run the same application.

I have tried %username% with no luck, also tried removing every thing and just stating **GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-1.2.8.12-RELEASE.TMP

any ideas?

• 1. Re: Host IPS: how to modify client created rules to apply to all system in epo.
          Kary Tankink

The Executable parameter can be limited to just use the file name such as GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-1.2.8.12-RELEASE.TMP, however, remember that the file name may change.  In this instance, you might need to wildcard the file name (GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-*-RELEASE.TMP).

You can wildcard the path too (USERS profile directory, random IS*.TMP directory, and possibly a file name that changes depending on version), such as C:\USERS\*\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\IS*.TMP\GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-*-RELEASE.TMP.

Modify as needed.