2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2008 6:03 AM by tonyb99

VirusScan Enterprise & Citrix (

I'm new to managing AV and looking for any information (including best practise) when deploying VSE to Citrix (Metaframe PS3) servers please?

I've inherited administration of my companies AV. I've built a new server to run ePO4 and deploy VSE850. I've deployed to most of our servers and clients but I've held back on deploying to the Citrix servers as I'm afraid to break them. They appear to be happily running VSE800.

I don't know if I am safe to push the latest McAfee Agent and VSE versions onto the servers (with or without policy modifications)?
      Alternative options might be adding VSE v8.0i to my repository and try to keep them updated without changing installed agents. Or be really paranoid and go so far as to keep them manually updated somehow (say hello to perl).

Of course I could be worrying about nothing. But given the (possibly undeserved) reputation of AV for breaking things and Citrix's ability to be easily broken I'm looking for a quiet life (out of hours wink )

TIA

Background info
      Old system (inherited):
      Compaq Deskpro PIII 800Mhz 192Mb Windows 2000 running McAfee Protection Pilot

New system (self spec'd, built & deployed):
      DL380 2.3Ghz Xeon 2Gb Server 2003R2 SP2 McAfee Total Enterprise Protection ePO 4.0 VSE850

Client Citrix system (4x):
      Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server for Windows 3.0.1
      VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 (Scan engine 5200 DAT 5248)