2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 12:34 AM by deepanshus

Unable to load GUI after upgrade to 9.5

deepanshus

Hi,

I am using McAfee SIEM solution in a VMWare environment of combo setup.

Initially it's based on 9.3.2 and I have upgraded it to 9.5, but after the upgrade to 9.5, it's network IP Address gone missing and I am also unable to apply the IP address again and also now it's taking loopback ip address, i.e., 127.0.0.1 and also I am unable to take the console of the same from the loopback ip address even tough.

So basically after the upgrade it's network settings got changed and also unable to configure it and also unable to take the console of the same.

But if I see the version details on the OS, it's showing 9.5 v now.

Plz suggest, if someone have an idea on this.

TIA.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sood.

• 1. Re: Unable to load GUI after upgrade to 9.5
          vinaya_k

Hi,

Just change the time on the workstation from where you are trying to connect but make sure it's before July 2015 then the system loads and you can login. Once logged in please follow the steps as per instructions below:-

1. Upload the ESM-Login-Patch.tgz to the System Properties > File Maintenance > Software Update Files

2. Go to the System Properties > ESM Management > Maintenance > Terminal

3. Enter the following in the prompt and hit enter  tar -xzvf /usr/local/ess/SoftwareUpdates/ESM-Login-Patch.tgz --directory /var/www/html

4. Remember to set the time back on your workstation.

Regards,

Vinaya.

• 2. Re: Unable to load GUI after upgrade to 9.5
            deepanshus

Hi Vinaya,

Hope you're doing well.

I'll try this and would let you know about the results of it.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sood.