5 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2016 12:48 AM by abanaru

    McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange - Policies Not Updated From ePO

    pjw2012

      Happy New Year to All!

       

      I have just set up a nice new Exchange 2016 server and installed MSME (8.5.8327.103) on it. The software shows up as installed on the machine in the system tree in ePO and communiction between the agent on the server and ePO appears to be working fine. The issue I am having is that the policies for MSME aren't being applied from ePO. Anyone out there got an idea of what could be wrong?

       

      I have noticed the following in the macompatsvc log file.

       

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.072 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Info: Plugin client = MSME____8500, Starting policy enforcement.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.181 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Info: Calling enforce policy(W).

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.213 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([Policies+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.228 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([Settings+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.228 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([Identities+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.228 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([TimeRestrictions+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([Alerts+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([FileRules+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([Repository+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([MQM+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([Scheduler+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([Diagnostics+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([ProductLog+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([VSAPI2+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([VSAPI2Excl+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([Notifications+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:00.244 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([CSRules+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:02.025 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([SpamSettings+0]:NumberOfValues) not found.

      2016-01-07 15:56:02.025 macompatsvc(15532.1648) plugin.Error: Policy setting ([SpamSettings]:value2) not found.

       

      But I haven't been able to find an article that deals directly with these errors.

       

      Have also tried re-installing MSME and the McAfee Agent (5.0.2.188) software