18.01.2016 CET Europe/Switzerland
* Mcafee DLP 9.3 PATCH 6 is out today
* Yes you can run VSE 8.8 PATCH 6 now together with this version coresponding to Release Notes
- Windows 10 Support
- Resolves an issue with the add-in for Microsoft Outlook remaining deactivated after the user re-enabled it.
- Resolves an issue with McAfee DLP Endpoint incorrectly reacting as if the email was not encrypted when sending an SMIME encrypted email.
- Resolves an issue with delayed protection when copying to an MTP device
- Resolves an issue with VMware Mirage/McAfee DLP Endpoint interoperability
- Resolves an issue with endpoint Discovery not running when the computer returns from hibernate or sleep mode.
McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint 9.3.600
For use with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
• About this release • Enhancements • Resolved issues • Installation instructions • Known issues • Find product documentation ◦ Product documentation
About this release
This document contains important information about the current release. We strongly recommend that you read the entire document.
This release includes the following
• McAfee® Data Loss Prevention Endpoint (McAfee DLP Endpoint) extension for McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee ePO™) 9.3.600.5 • McAfee DLP Endpoint client for Microsoft Windows 9.3.600.32 • McAfee DLP Endpoint Diagnostic Tool 9.3.600.2
This release was developed for use with:
• McAfee ePO 4.6.9, 5.1.2, 5.1.3, 5.3.0, and 5.3.1 • McAfee® Agent for Windows 4.8 Patch 3 and 5.0.2
This patch provides enhancements and fixes several issues.
Recommended — McAfee recommends this release for all environments. This update should be applied at the earliest convenience.For more information about patch ratings, see McAfee KnowledgeBase article KB51560.
The McAfee DLP Endpoint client for Microsoft Windows in this release was developed for use with the following Microsoft operating systems.
• Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 or later, 32-bit (no support for 64-bit) Note Microsoft announced the end of Extended Support for Windows XP SP3 on April 8, 2014. McAfee will continue standard support for McAfee DLP Endpoint 9.3.x on Windows XP until December 31, 2015. • Windows Vista SP1 or later Enterprise and Business editions, 32-bit • Windows 7 SP1 or later Enterprise and Professional editions, 32-bit and 64-bit • Windows 8 and 8.1 or later Enterprise and Pro, 32-bit and 64-bit • Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro, 32-bit and 64-bit • Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2008 SP2 or later, 32-bit and 64-bit • Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 or later, 64-bit Note File System Discovery rules and Network Communication Protection rules are not supported on servers.
Compatible McAfee managed products
The McAfee DLP Endpoint client for Windows in this release has been tested for compatibility with the following McAfee managed product versions.
• McAfee® Application Control (formerly Solidcore) 6.1.3 and 6.2 • McAfee® Client Proxy 1.2 and 2.0 • McAfee® Drive Encryption (formerly McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC) 7.1.3 • McAfee® Data Exchange Layer (DXL) 1.1 and 2.0 • McAfee® Endpoint Security 10.0.1 • McAfee® File and Removable Media Protection (FRP) (formerly McAfee® Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders) 4.3.1 HF 1062118 (220.127.116.11) • McAfee® Host Intrusion Prevention System 8.0 Patch 5 (Patch 6, if applicable for Microsoft Windows 10) • McAfee® Management of Native Encryption (MNE) 3.0.1 • McAfee® Policy Auditor 6.2 • McAfee® Risk Advisor 2.7 Patch 2 • McAfee® Rogue System Detection (RSD) 18.104.22.1682 and 5.0.2 • McAfee®SiteAdvisor® Enterprise 3.5 Patch 3 • McAfee® Threat Intelligence Exchange (TIE) 1.1 • McAfee® Virtual Technician 1.1.0 • McAfee®VirusScan® Enterprise 8.7 Patch 5 and 8.8 Patch 6
McAfee DLP Endpoint supports the following third-party software products. These versions have been tested for compatibility with this release.
• Citrix XenApp 6.0, 6.5 FP2, 7.5, and 7.6 Note Citrix Device Rules are not supported when using a separate controller server with XenApp 7.5. • Citrix XenDesktop 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.5, and 7.6 • VMware View 4.6, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3 • VMware Hyper-V 6.3.9600
• Box Sync 3.4.25–4.0.5693 • Dropbox 2.4.6–4.0.6073 • Google Drive 1.12.5329–1.19.8406.6504 • Microsoft OneDrive 17.0.2015–17.3.1229 • Syncplicity 22.214.171.124–126.96.36.199
Security and encryption applications:
• Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Service (AD RMS) 2008, 2012 • Seclore FileSecure Policy Server 188.8.131.52 • Seclore Desktop Client 184.108.40.206 • Stormshield Data Security 9.1.10442 • Titus Classification Clients 4.3 SP1 15196 • TrueCrypt 7.0.1Office applications: • Adobe Acrobat Pro, X and XI • Adobe Reader 7–10.1.4 • Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2015.008.20082 • Google Chrome 32-bit 37.0.2062.103–46.0.2490.71 • Lotus Notes client software 8.5.2, 8.5.3, 9.0, and 9.0.1 • Microsoft Edge 20.10240.16384.0 • Internet Explorer 8–11 • Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, and 2013 SP1 • Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013 SP1 • Microsoft Sharepoint 2007, 2010, and 2013 • Mozilla Firefox 32-bit 38.0–41.0
This release of the product includes these enhancements.
Microsoft Windows 10 support
McAfee DLP Endpoint 9.3.600 supports Windows 10 32‑bit and 64‑bit PC operating systems.
Note The Windows 10 Device Guard feature is not supported,
Microsoft Edge support in web post protection rules
Web post protection rules now support uploads from the Microsoft Edge browser.
These issues are resolved in this release of the product. For a list of issues fixed in earlier releases, see the Release Notes for the specific release.
• Resolves an issue with McAfee DLP Endpoint incorrectly reacting as if the email was not encrypted when sending an SMIME encrypted email. (1039635) • Resolves an issue with the add-in for Microsoft Outlook remaining deactivated after the user re-enabled it. (1048751) • Resolves an issue with a removable storage device rule setting an exempt encrypted USB device to Read only. (1068943) • Resolves an issue with tagged files attached to emails losing their tags. The issue occurred because some Outlook exchanges put the tag properties into the x-header. The resolution was to have McAfee DLP Endpoint look for the tag information in both the x-header and the standalone property. (1073646) • Resolves an issue with intermittent blocking of an exempt encrypted USB device. (1074301) • Resolves an issue with delayed protection when copying to a removable device after startup. (1077004) • Resolves an issue with delayed protection when copying to an MTP device. (1081416) • Resolves an issue with VMware Mirage/McAfee DLP Endpoint interoperability. (1077952) • Resolves an issue with delayed response for removable storage protection rules when the computer is started in safe mode. (1087455) • Resolves an issue with endpoint Discovery not running when the computer returns from hibernate or sleep mode. (1089670)
The McAfee DLP extension is installed in McAfee ePO.
The McAfee DLP Endpoint client is available in two versions, one for Microsoft Windows and one for OS X computers. The recommended installation of the client software uses the McAfee ePO infrastructure for deployment to the endpoint computers.
You can also deploy McAfee DLP Endpoint client software to your network using third‑party enterprise deployment tools such as Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS).
For information about installing McAfee DLP Endpoint, see the McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Product Guide, version 9.3.3.
For a list of known issues in this product release, see this McAfee KnowledgeBase article: KB84779.
Find product documentation
On the ServicePortal, you can find information about a released product, including product documentation, technical articles, and more.Task
1 Go to the ServicePortal at https://support.mcafee.com and click the Knowledge Center tab. 2 In the Knowledge Base pane under Content Source, click Product Documentation. 3 Select a product and version, then click Search to display a list of documents.
Every McAfee product has a comprehensive set of documentation.
See this documentation for your product version:
• McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Release Notes • McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Product Guide Note Help modules are automatically included with the product installation.
Just be very careful is all I am going to say.
Half way through a DLP 9.4 Patch 1 deployment to our Windows 10 PC 500+-, which all run VSE 8.8 patch 6. McAfee updates the VSE known issue list and says it's not compatible with DLP 9.4 patch 1.
It was even listed as tested with VSE 8.8 P6 in the DLP Release notes.
Resulting in hours spent with support and still no fix except to remove it.
Bryces comment in VSE 8.8 P6 release notes:
Issue: Data Loss Prevention (DLP) customers: This release upgrades a common component used by DLP, which may cause the system to hang.
Workaround: Customers using DLP 9.4.0 are advised to delay installing VSE 8.8 Patch 6 until further notice. Development is in progress for updating the DLP 9.4 version to work with VSE 8.8 Patch 6. This updated release will be required prior to installing VSE 8.8 Patch 6. This article will be updated as more detail becomes available.
Yes that was only updated on the 5th Jan, they release DLP 9.4 Patch 1 before Christmas 2015
We have installed DLPe 9.3 Patch 6 on 2 laptop, and both laptops randomly BSOD (bugcheck on mfeaack.sys).
Also "mfefire" service is being set to Manual start.
Not looking good for Patch 6.
What OS are you running?
Sorry should have clarified OS version, we are running Windows 7, and observed the BSOD (and HIPS FW Service disable) on Windows 7.
Thanks. We are running Windows 7 SP1 x64 and would be installing it on our systems before we switch over to Windows 10 later this year. We also run VirusScan 8.8 P6 and HIPS 8.0 P6.