1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 5:03 PM by SafeBoot

Blue Screen when Hibernate after Mcafee encryption HP folio 9480m

lkach9

Hi:

I have a HP Folio 9480m Lap top, using windows 7 professional, a month ago IT department called me to apply mcafee encryption to my laptop (don't know what version).

Then, first time I hibernated my laptop, appeared a message when trying to resume windows telling that my hibernation data was lost, then operating system crashed and was able to boot again (a message appeared saying that wasn't able to find the device were the operative system was installed). IT guys weren't able to solve it, and also weren't able to de-encrypt my hard drive and I lost all my information.

Then It guys reprocessed my laptop twice (format hard drive and install windows again and encryption), and gave me my equipment back.

But I still have the first problem, after hibernate when trying to resume I receive this blue screen, then have to restart:

IMG_20160104_103310.jpg

I found in HP support forums 2 possible solutions, both are related to Intel rapid storage technology, and one of the says that Mcafee encryption doesn't allow the use of Intel Raid technology.

HP Support document - HP Support Center

HP Support document - HP Support Center

I´ve uninstalled Intel raid technology as the first link suggest and the problem continues, then I tried to install the fix on the 2nd link but the problem continued.

This happened after Mcafee encryption before never had this problem, IT guys said this just happened with this model, can anyone help on this?

Thanks...