7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2015 3:37 PM by ugenem00

EEDK and Client Task Command Line

ugenem00

I would like to create a EEDK custom package that will accept a value from the Command Line in a Client Task. This date will feed a variable in the script that runs on the client.

Any ideas?

(e g) Put a date in Custom Property 4 for the McAfee Agent

• 1. Re: EEDK and Client Task Command Line
          andrep1

look at this package from Tory Campbell, it does pick up the command line parameter

ePO App: Shutdown or Reboot System from ePO

• 2. Re: EEDK and Client Task Command Line
            ugenem00

What I am trying to do is propagate a custom property field using a EEDK package

@echo off

pushd "%~dp0"

if "%*" == "" (EXIT) Else set cmdstr=%*

REM Windows operating system command string syntax: maconfig -custom -prop1 "Property 1" -prop2 "Property 2" -prop3 "Property 3" -prop4 "Property 4" ( up to 4 values can be entered ) to initialize the date field

IF EXIST "%ProgramFiles%\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe" "%ProgramFiles%\mcafee\Agent\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop3 %cmdstr%

IF EXIST "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\McAfee\Common Framework\maconfig.exe" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\mcafee\common framework\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop3 %cmdstr%

popd

Exit /B 1707

In the Client task command field, I have "Date Thu 12/24/2015"

I cannot find any errors recorded in the logs and the field does not get updated.

• 3. Re: EEDK and Client Task Command Line
              ugenem00

I ran the bat file directly on a client machine and it set prop3 as shown above. It just doesn't work when I do it from a client task with the date information in the command line. How can I find where the error is occurring?

• 4. Re: EEDK and Client Task Command Line
                andrep1

drop all your variables and see if that makes a difference, you have to remember you are running under the system account.

Alternatively, echo to a file your 2 major line of codes to validate how it is rendered.

• 5. Re: EEDK and Client Task Command Line
                  ugenem00

I think I found the problem. It seems it does not like the IF EXIST statement.

I first dropped the variables and hardcoded the full path, still no good.

I removed the IF EXIST statement and it worked!

"C:\Program Files\mcafee\Agent\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop3 %cmdstr%

"C:\Program Files(x86)%\mcafee\Common Framework\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop3 %cmdstr%

But I also noted that when the command string has spaces, it does not work. I tried with and without the double-quotes. Not sure what to do.

Works: December

Does not work: December 29

• 6. Re: EEDK and Client Task Command Line
                    andrep1

Enclose your %cmdstr% in quotes.

I do much better in vbs that batch files, but how about the following:

"C:\Program Files\mcafee\Agent\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop3 "%cmdstr%"

It works at my end with variables containing spaces.

• 7. Re: EEDK and Client Task Command Line
                      ugenem00

That's correct. I found the same solution last night but not had a chance to update the ticket.

Thanks for the assist!