2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 7:34 AM by ictnerd

Need help creating simple EEDK script deployoing 3rd party software in EPO

ictnerd

Hi all,

i am new at EEDK and really have no idea how to start, i have tried some things but after i check in the zip file that was build the client task failes without any message.

can someone show a simple script and settings in eedk to get me started?

thanks a lot!
      best regards - Vincent

i have this in a batch file:

MsiExec.exe /I C:\TEMP\Build\jre1.8.0_66.msi /qn

This is my build folder:

In another thread on this forum i see scripts like below but what does %%a stand for.

@echo off
      SET SRCDIR=
      for /f "delims=" %%a in ('cd') do @set SRCDIR%%a

%compsec%  "%SRCDIR%\javainstall.bat"

• 1. Re: Need help creating simple EEDK script deployoing 3rd party software in EPO
          tkinkead

Did you check on the client to see if the package actually ran?  You've specified an EEDK key under "Product Detection Key"; this is a key that is supposed to exist with a different value after the installation of the package in question.  In this current configuration, even if it succeeds, the task will report as failed because the key you listed here does not have the value "JAVA866" after the client task completes.

Also, your installation string references a specific path.  Likely this "C:\TEMP\Build" directory doesn't exist on the client, so the MSI won't run.  The script you referenced is using a for /f loop to assign the current directory to the variable SRCDIR so it can call the installation file with an absolute path. 

For /f - Loop through text | Windows CMD | SS64.com

• 2. Re: Need help creating simple EEDK script deployoing 3rd party software in EPO
            ictnerd

Thanks for the reply,

i see activity on the client, i changed the location to a network folder:

in the eventvwr i even get messages that an installer transaction is beginning and ending but no install actually happens.

Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: \\xxxxxxxxxxx\JAVA\jre1.8.0_66.msi. Client Process Id: 9692

Ending a Windows Installer transaction: \\xxxxxxxxxxx\JAVA\jre1.8.0_66.msi. Client Process Id: 9692.

.exe from c temp also works but also no installation happening:

Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\TEMP\Build\jre1.8.0_66.exe. Client Process Id: 12916.

Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\TEMP\Build\jre1.8.0_66.exe. Client Process Id: 12916.

Can you me maybe send me an example for installing a .exe ?

I don't understand what could be wrong.

thanks