1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 5:54 AM by sivakumarc

Ability to remove the application from the Add/Remove Programs list in windows?

jconnoll

See the question below from my customer:

"I had a question for you concerning ENS 10.1. Do you know if they built into this version the ability to remove the application from the Add/Remove Programs list in windows?

We used to have that functionality a while ago, but it appears to have been removed at some point in time. I did not notice it, but searching online, there have been multiple PER requests to do this as users with admin rights can just uninstall the product rather than hassle with working with the McAfee admins to correct issues they have with the restrictions."

• 1. Re: Ability to remove the application from the Add/Remove Programs list in windows?
          sivakumarc

Hi Jconnoll,

ENS 10.1 is managed from three different management options

1) ePO on premises (managed from a server)

2) ePO cloud server

3) standalone

if you are concern about ENS 10.1 modules to be removed from the control panel then yes you do have an option from under 1) and 2) where you can create uninstall deployment or task to remove the packages. you no need to manually uninstall or run a tool in the machine locally.

deployment from server or cloud will instruct the agent to remove the modules and uninstall the product completely without the end user knowledge itself.

Regards,

Sivakumar c