3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 12:16 PM by msitko

delete acknowledged fault

allencrawford

I don't know if this behavior is by design, but I don't remember it being an issue in NSM 8.1.  We've recently migrated to a new 8.2 NSM instance and I cannot delete a fault if it has been acknowledged--even if I was the one that acknowledged it.  I must unacknowledge it and then I can delete it.  Is this normal?  If so, can the behavior be changed?

• 1. Re: delete acknowledged fault
          peter.mason

Hi Alan,

Which version of 8.2 are you on?

Were the alerts you have acknowledged created on the server where you are trying to delete them? Or are you deleting them from a central manager?

I have tested this on V8.2.7.25 and v8.2.7.47.1 and I do not have this issue. I can acknowledge alerts and then delete them without having to acknowledge them first.

I hope to have some of my test servers upgraded to 8.2.7.71 later today or tomorrow and will test it on that version too.

Peter

• 2. Re: delete acknowledged fault
            allencrawford

We're on 8.2.7.71.  A bit of extra info, the user activity log seems to think my deletes are successful:

System Fault Deletion     Success     Deleted system fault types "Link failure of Port: 11A, Link failure of Port: 11B".

• 3. Re: delete acknowledged fault
              msitko

It's a known issue, resolved at manager hotfix version 8.2.7.73.1.  As hotfixes are only available from support (this should exist in the next public MR release as well), open a support ticket or call into the support queue, and mention this bug # to get a copy of the hotfix:

1098216 Unable to delete acknowledged faults in the System Faults page.