5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 10:07 AM by rolydee

ePO 5.31 can't deploy anythings (included install/uninstall

frankychu

Hi All,

My ePO 5.31 can't deploy anythings included install or uninstall. I already tested deploy SoildCore, VSE, HIPS & DLP also. My MA status will say xxxxx is finished & freed and then nothing to download & start even MA 4.8 or MA 5.0x.

Do you have any idea what's problems ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: ePO 5.31 can't deploy anythings (included install/uninstall
          rolydee

It seems that you need to get a working McAfee Agent installed on your computers and communicating with your ePO first: if this is your issue, how are you deploying McAfee Agent e.g. manual install?

Once you have a working McAfee Agent, you should see in ePO that these computers have system information visible e.g. OS Type, User Name, etc. After that you can use the usual Product Deployment or Product Update tasks for VSE etc.

• 2. Re: ePO 5.31 can't deploy anythings (included install/uninstall
            frankychu

Hi Rolydee

Thanks for reply. I have 2000+ node installed already that included MA 4.8 - 5.02, VSE 8.8 Patch 6, HIPS 8.0x, DLP, Soildcore 6.1x or 6.2 etc....

About the system info visible, all nodes running in normal that included last communication time, DAT ver... etc...
            I just can't deploy standard package (VSE, HIPS, DLP, Soildcore), non standard package like the EEDK. All deployment as the same issue after upgraded to ePO 5.30.

My ePO 5.31 is using 2008 R2, MSSQL 2014 on 2008 R2 & Agent Handler on 2008 R2.

Thanks for help

• 3. Re: ePO 5.31 can't deploy anythings (included install/uninstall
              rolydee

Try to use Run Now with your Product Deployment task on a specific computer, then check the Client Events for that system in ePO. As a further test, try to remove the product using Add/Remove Programs in Windows, then repeat the Run Now.

Are you trying to deploy the same version that is already installed, or a newer version? I think the McAfee Agent will not re-install a product if it sees it already installed: you would generally need to uninstall it first (either manually or with a different Product Deployment task).

• 4. Re: ePO 5.31 can't deploy anythings (included install/uninstall
                frankychu

I tried 20+ desktop. (some desktop/server was new setup). I just manual installed a new MA 4.8 or 5.02 & try to deploy VSE or HIPS.... ← the MA status can get this information from ePO, but had not do the deploy actions.

about the package version, I tried new & older version also the same (in new machine)

Last week, my team mate want to uninstall the EndPoint Protection for MAC OSX, we tried to use the assigned tasks to uninstall that....the result was the same.

• 5. Re: ePO 5.31 can't deploy anythings (included install/uninstall
                  rolydee

Try the Run Now with a Product Update task, and watch the McAfee Agent Status Monitor on one of these 20+ systems: please confirm that the McAfee Agent actually responds (and checks for software updates).

If that doesn't work, I think you have an issue with the installed McAfee Agent.

If that does work as expected, paste screenshots showing Client Events for the PC and the Product Deployment task screen, both from ePO.