1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2015 1:46 PM by Peter M

Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?

patrick-kox

Hi All,

I'm trying to login to a website that uses a Belgian eID to login.

All software I need is installed and the test site they have reports the setup is correct.

But when I try to actually login there is an SSL Connection Error (the page points to the test site that does work).

I've been in contact with their Support for a few weeks now and their latest "solution" is to disable the SSL Scanning in LiveSafe.

However, I cannot find such option and temporarily disabling both the Realtime protection and the firewall does not solve the issue.

Does anyone know if and how I can disable the SSL scanning so I can see if that solves the problem ?

Thanks

Patrick

• 1. Re: Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?
          Peter M

Never disable your antivirus or firewall for any reason. 

The website in question is at fault.

There is no way to single out SSL scanning and turn it off.

Have you tried a different browser?

I suggest you ask Technical Support for help, which unfortunately in Belgium are closed until Monday. (see my signature below).

Meanwhile tell the website to update their security certificates.

When I Google Search "website ask to disable ssl scanning to login" I get lots of hits showing that the problem has been reported using just about every antivirus.

Make sure your system is totally up to date in ALL aspects, especially all your browsers (including IE).   Make sure all add-ons are also up to date.

Also make sure that McAfee is totally up to date.

Toronto ▪ Canada
          Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
          I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
          Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Intel True Key/PasswordBox Support (alter country at top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
          Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

• 2. Re: Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?
            patrick-kox

Ex_Brit Thanks for your reply.

I've tried with IE (latest version on Windows 10), Edge, Opera, Chrome and Firefox.

All have the same problem.

Windows and all software is up-to-date.

I've also tried on a computer running Windows 7 Home Premium, It gives the same error.

The only option that I got to work was to install Linux (Debian) in Oracle VM VirtualBox but that's not the ideal solution.

As for contacting the website, I did.

I've sent them lots of screenshots and error message and they just blame the AV software.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?
              Peter M

As Belgian support isn't open at weekends I've asked our resident technician to take a look at this thread.

I can't guarantee a fast answer though as I have no idea what days/hours he works.

• 4. Re: Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?
                Peter M

Meanwhile try this.  I don't think it will help but worth a try, but make sure to reverse it afterwards.

Open the software and go to Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs

(Hint: once that loads click the word Program at the top to arrange them alphabetically).

Scroll down to your browser, highlight and then click Edit.

Try turning Netguard off and Save that.

• 5. Re: Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?
                  Peter M

Also check your system clock is accurate....security certificates are time-sensitive.

• 6. Re: Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?
                    Peter M

BTW patrick-kox which website is telling people to disable their antivirus?

They have to stop doing that as it is NOT the right solution.

• 7. Re: Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?
                      patrick-kox

Ex_Brit,

It's not the website that told me to disable the AV, it's the Support Tech. I contacted.

He said the problem was with the AV software and that I had to disable SSL scanning (temporarily) They had the same with another AV.

I guess he's desperate since all other things he told me to do didn't work.

anyway here is some more information.

The site I need to access is : https://idp.iamfas.belgium.be/fas/SSOPOST/metaAlias/idp

The Error I'm getting is : SSL Connection Error (title of the page).

the Error message is :

-----

The certificate of your electronic identity card could not be verified.

Is your card reader properly connected?

Problems with the verification of your eID certificate:

1. Close all window tabs in your browser.
                      2. Check to make sure your card reader is properly connected.
                      3. Insert your eID into the card reader.
                      4. Launch your browser and try to log in again.

Please note: you need to run at least version 4.0.7 of the eID software (released on 28/11/2014).

Go to http://test.eid.belgium.be to check if your eID and card reader are working properly. For further assistance, please consult the eID FAQ.

-----

As I said, the test site works perfectly, the latest software and drivers are all installed.

Also, the instructions you gave to disable NetGuard didn't work.

I'll guess I'll need to send another email to the website's support.

Thanks

Patrick

• 8. Re: Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?
                        Peter M

It's very strange.  By the way, the website obligingly displays in English for me, but that really is no help..,  I'm hoping our resident technician comes on duty soon and can assist.

I'm in Canada and he is in India and you are in Belgium, so with time differences I have no idea if and when he will be logged on.

I'm sure this will be solved eventually but may take a little time.

You can always ask Technical Support to escalate the case, if you wish - when they're open of course..

• 9. Re: Disable SSL Scanning in LiveSafe ?
                          patrick-kox

Are you talking about the actual site or the stuff I copied & pasted here ?

The actual site gives the error message in 4 languages (English, Dutch, French and German)

I just put the English stuff here since I assume most people will understand the English better than the Dutch

I would really appreciate it if you could ask them to escalate this case.

Patrick

1 2 Previous Next