The data points for investigating this behavior are not straight to just share over the forums.
I suggest contacting Support in order to look into this particular client's configuration, looking at what is configured locally as well what it is receiving from ePO.
Some things come to mind as plausible scenarios to explore -
- a second task exists which is running
- the task has an older configuration and has not received the new task configuration
- a bug with the Agent, running a task when missed even if not configured to do so
My overnight scans for a site with MA 5.0.2, VSE p5 and ePO 5.3 don't start as scheduled they start when you boot the PC, for all 350 users.
I've had a case logged for a week that someone is ignoring.
welcome to the club
Tony, any workarounds?
As far as I can understand you are in the same s** then we are?
with best regards
Very odd different MA ePO and VSE patch, exact same issue.
I've got 5.1.1 (357) and 5.3.0 (400) servers with MA 4.8 and 5.0.1 and no issue but I kept them at VSE p4.
Im still chasing a reply with any information from an engineer . Hopefully my SAM can shake loose a reply.
If I get more info I will; post back as it may relate.
Got an answer..............
MA v5.x agents don't like the hibernation you get with win8 etc and kick in the task as if it was a missed task.
- Go back to MA 4.8.x (as long as you dont want to support windows 10 obv)
- Switch off hibernation
- Live with it and drop either intensity level to below normal or distribute a reg "fix" to drop the threads (to lower than you would normally use)
Its raised with Engineering.. .
Now I know what to look for I can find some 8.1 machines with hibernation on my epo5.1.1 with 5.0.1 aswell.
This week I got that same behaviour cause the agent Support recommendation was update to the 5.0.2 or go back to 4.8 in order to see if the same issue is still happening
I was advised the issue is with 5.x agents not just 5.0.1.
let me get things straight.
So the soution is downgrading McAfee Agent ? TO which version?
Yes or NO?