1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 5:45 AM by Peter M

PUP Removal

deank

removal of PUP?

just downloaded complete protection and still have the following PUP.

Link removed failed web advisor test

how can I remove using Mcafee?

• 1. Re: PUP Removal
          Peacekeeper

Please do not post links to red rated sites. If you know the PUP name post it please and we can assist. Note I removed the second post as well just say what the detection is.

Try the free tools mentioned here

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

Note to not install the trial version of malwarebytes as it can clash with McAfee install the free version. Also with getsusp any file McAfee does not recognize will be sent to McAfee so they can be included in future detentions. That said all scanners are never 100% coverage of malware that is why it is a good idea to use some of the free scanners when as supplementary scanners.

• 2. Re: PUP Removal
            Peter M

Moved to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance as best spot for it.

---

Peter

• 3. Re: PUP Removal
              catdaddy

deank,

Could you please apprise us if your issues have been resolved,or if you need further assistance?

All the very Best

CD/Catdaddy

• 4. Re: PUP Removal
                deank

unfortunately not yet Catdaddy...................

• 5. Re: PUP Removal
                  catdaddy

Did you run any of the Tools Colleague Peacekeeper recommended? Malwarebytes (Free) usually detects/removes most (PUPS). Also if you could post the name of the Pup/Detection as PK mentioned. It would go a long way in helping us to better assist you.

Regards,

CD/Catdaddy

• 6. Re: PUP Removal
                    deank

tried all the recommendations and even did a system restore to the last date available.

Whoa!

Are you sure you want to go there?

Link removed as Web Advisor states may be risky to visit.

Why are you seeing this?

When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors

• 7. Re: PUP Removal
                      catdaddy

Actually that is basically Web Advisor functioning properly, warning you that it may be risky to access the Site. In other words is not considered to be a Potentially Unwanted Program. If you do not have any Quarantined Items/Pups . That simply is Web Advisor doing what it is designed to do.

Now if it is that you want the Site Rated again, that is another story. As Colleague Peacekeeper has done already, I am going to remove the (Link) you inserted as Web Advisor deems it risky.

Should you want to have the Site rated again, Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions. Trusted Source being the most expedient.  How To Dispute WebAdvisor/SiteAdvisor's rating of a website

Regards,

CD/Catdaddy

• 8. Re: PUP Removal
                        deank

problem is its bloody irritating that it always pops up.

so how else can I remove it?

• 9. Re: PUP Removal
                          deank

the site somehow has linked itself to my home page, firefox and internet explorer. so every time I open either it pops up first.

that's the issue.

thanks

1 2 Previous Next