6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2008 10:31 AM by jonc

ePO 4 install SQL port error

I am installing epo4 with a remote SQL2005 enterprise server on W2K3.

on SQL2005 (EPODB), i installed a named instance = EPOSERVER (as indicated in install guide)

on epo server when i install, I specified the following under set DB info:

DB server = EPODB.XYZ.COM\EPOSERVER
      SQL Authentication - <user>\<psswd>
      TCP port = 1433

the following error appear:

The SQL Server TCP port does not match the selected database server

I have verified the following is working:
      - able ping to EPODB.XYZ.COM
      - able to set up an odbc connection on epo server to EPODB.XYZ.COM using login credentials

Anything that I need to check/do to resolve this?
      Thanks in advance for any help!
        • 1. RE: ePO 4 install SQL port error
          It is TCP port 1433 you have configured in SQL config manager then?
          • 2. RE: ePO 4 install SQL port error
            on the sql server, run the util called svrnetcn , choose the \eposerver instance from the drop down list, and check that tcpip is listed as available on the right hand side, and look at the properties of it. it will list its TCP port.

HTH,
            • 3. RE: ePO 4 install SQL port error
              Did you check that the SQL server is accepting remote connections?
              Also make sure that it is allowed through the firewall, it may be basic but the windows firewall has forgotten exceptions on me in the past.
              • 4. RE: ePO 4 install SQL port error
                Yes, confirmed on SQL that instance is listening on tcp port 1433, and accepting remote connections. no network firewall rules blocking yet as this is new network setup.

I was able to create an odbc (system DSN) successfully on epo server to EPODB.XYZ.COM\EPOSERVER using the same credential I keyed in for epo installation. thus confirmed not windows firewall blocking

could it be a bug on epo 4.0 installation or incompatibility with remote SQL2005 enterprise edition? I have logged a support call this morning.
                • 5. RE: ePO 4 install SQL port error
                  metalhead
                  Is there MDAC 2.8 installed on the remote SQL ?
                  • 6. RE: ePO 4 install SQL port error
                    I managed to find out what's wrong, with the help of the log files generated.

I had keyed in the FQDN of the DB server "EPODB.XYZ.COM\EPOSERVER" since that was how it was registered in DNS, & I was able to connect to the DB via odbc.

but the installer somehow discovered only "EPODB" without the domain postfix, hence the discrepancy with what I keyed in, and it returned this port mismatch error.

The installer went thru after I changed to "EPODB\EPOSERVER"

Thanks for all your help!