3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 7:26 AM by Troja

DAT is not updating..Information required.

davidp64

Hi Team,

I required some information relation to DAT(Virus scan enterprises):

1>If my machine is in log off state..for 2 day..Will dat update on this machine?

2>If my machine is in lock state (Ctrl+Alt+Del)..for 2 day..will dat update on this machine?

Note:I have schudule daily update task >>11:30 am..

Please give brief information when dat update and also include my above queries.

Thanks

• 1. Re: DAT is not updating..Information required.
          Troja

Hi,

yes your DAT Files will be updated. There is the McAfee Framework Service (McAfee Agent) running on the system. The service updates the Signatures based on the configured Schedule.

You can take a look at the LOG File directly in the VSE GUI, where you can see how the systen was udated.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

• 2. Re: DAT is not updating..Information required.
            davidp64

Hi Troja,

Thanks for your help.I have 2 queries in both the cases dat will be update right?

But in our environment all machine getting update on same time(shudeled time),but 5-6 machine not taking update.Reason that i had seen those machine are in same state(given in my first conversation)..

Please provide me information why these machine is not taking automatic dat update..How to solve this issue..

Thanks

• 3. Re: DAT is not updating..Information required.
              Troja

Hi,

are the systems managed by EPO?

If yes, take a look if there are client events visible in ePO. This could be Problem with the McAfee Agent e.g. the policy is not enforced or there are Sequence errors?? Have you cloned the systems??

If not in EPO take a look at the LOG in the VSE GUI if there are any errors visible.

Cheers