3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2015 6:23 PM by Peter M

Real Time Scanning

instawin

Hello, I have been having an issue with the Real Time Scanning component of McAfee LiveSafe. I have received notifications on start-up that my computer is not fully protected with Real Time Scanning. I did what anyone else would; I clicked on Virus and Spyware Protection and then Real Time Scanning. I then turned it on. The user interface says that my Real Time Scanning is starting up, but it has been saying this for ages. As far as I know, my Real Time Scanning is not being turned on. Please take a look at the following screenshots:

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

In the third screenshot, I underlined where it says that my Real Time Scanning is starting. You can also see in the third screenshot that one of the boxes says that my Real Time Scanning is off. I also underlined this.

However, in the fourth screenshot, you can clearly see that the interface says that my Real Time Scanning is on..? Well, you can clearly see that it isn't on, because in the previous screenshot the interface says that it is actually off, and that it is still starting.

For a TL;DR version, what can I do to turn on my Real Time Scanning again? Why is it taking forever for the Real Time Scanning to actually turn on?

(Excuse any improper English by the way)