5 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2016 4:09 AM by muetze87

MSME 8.5.0 Administrator Notifications not reaching into Exchange 2013

cgac

Hi All,

Newbie here. I hope you can help.

In ePO 4.6.0, I have set up MSME 8.5.0 to send Administrator Notifications (Policy Catalog > McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange > Mail Notifications > Settings). Let's say I have set everything to be "msme@company.intern". Then, still in MSME driven from ePO, In the Scanner Settings Policy (Policy Catalog > McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange > Scanner Settings > On Access > Master Policy) I have set "Anti-Virus Scanner" , "File Filtering" and "Password-Protected Files" to all 3 send Administrator Notifications to "msme@company.intern". In fact it is also set likewise on other Policies such as On-Demand (Default) and so on, but it should work at least for the On-Access Policy. Here is the example for the File Filtering (the other 2 being configured the same):

Blocked_Attachments_notifications.PNG

As you can see, when a blocked (filtered) attachment is to be removed by MSME, it is supposed to send a Notification to the Administrator configured earlier, but nothing arrives in the Administrator mailbox...

On VSE 8.8.0 I have added RunScheduled.exe and RunScheduledX64.exe as exclusions to the Access Protection "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail" (Policy Catalog > VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0 > Access Protection Policies > My Default > Server > Anti-virus Standard Protection > Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail > Edit...).

Nothing is logged by VSE 8.8.0 in its AccessProtectionLog.txt that would indicate VSE is blocking something. Nothing appears neither in the MSME ProductLog.txt that would indicate that it could not send its Notification to the Administrator for some reason. When tracking with powerShell (Get-ExchangeServer | Get-MessageTrackingLog -Sender msme@company.intern) onto all Exchange servers, I see nothing meaning that nothing even made it into Exchange...

So something's wrong at McAfee level since no Notification even touches Exchange 2013. Nothing found in the PickUp directories either...

I would greatly appreciate some help here. We are phasing out Microsoft's ForeFront Protection in favour of MSME...

Thanks very much in advance for any help pointing me in the right direction!

Cheers

CG