4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 1:57 PM by stev379

What does 'repost' mean?

stev379

What's the difference between the 2 download options below? I don't understand what 'Repost' means? Why offer both with the same name if different? Why not call it VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 patch 6.1?

VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 patch 6

VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Repost Patch 6

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

• 1. Re: What does 'repost' mean?
          tomz2

Repost = full installer, meant for new installations

Patch = patch package for existing installations

• 2. Re: What does 'repost' mean?
            stev379

Thanks for the reply.

If repost = full installer then what would the proper install order be for VSE 8.8 p6?

Is this statement correct? ==> Based on what I see below and your info, if I want VSE to be at version 8.8.0.6, then I should install "VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Repost Patch 6", but then still need to install "VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 patch 6".

If it helps, I'm trying to install VSE on Windows 10 Ent on a Surface Pro 3.

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 2.23.55 PM.png

• 3. Re: What does 'repost' mean?
              tomz2

Ignore the version number on the patch post. It's not relevant to anything. If you're doing a new install, use the repost, period. The repost packages are called "repost" because they are re-postings of the full installer with the patches integrated in.

If you're upgrading existing systems from an older patch revision, use the patch package. Both are designed to be checked into your ePO server

After the installation of either the full installer or the patch, the version shown in ePO and on the endpoint will be 8.8.0.1445 and Patch level 6.

• 4. Re: What does 'repost' mean?
                stev379

Thank you for the clarification tomz2. Very much appreciated.