we found the same issue if you look at the progress of the ODS and see what files are causing the high CPU you may find this is compress files, below is a SNS from McAfee that explains this better.
Also are you running the TIE module as this was adding to the CPU overhead
VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.8 Patch 5 has adjusted how the ODS performance tab setting "System Utilization" works.
- At "Low" we use 1 thread per CPU up to 8, even if there are more CPUs available.
- At "Below Normal" we use 1 thread per CPU up to 12, even if there are more CPUs available.
- At "Normal" we use 1 thread per CPU up to 16, even if there are more CPUs available.
For additional information, see:
- KB85299 - FAQs about McShield.exe and high CPU utilization when running On-Demand scans
- PD25913 - VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 5 Release Notes
- On Demand Scan Thread Count Blog
( https://community.mcafee.com/people/wwarren/blog/2015/10/21/on-demand-scan-threa d-count)
For more resources, visit the ServicePortal and search for related content. Also, visit the McAfee VSE Community at: https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/system/vse.
SNS ProTips help you maximize your protection with troubleshooting, best practices, how-to tips, and links to Knowledge Center resources. To unsubscribe from ProTips or change your SNS settings, visit the SNS Subscription Center.