3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2016 8:22 AM by catdaddy

Disable Access Protection from command line

Solu enu

Is there anyway I can disable access protection from a command line for temporarily?

Our current AP policy prevents running any app from TEMP folder, I have created bucn of exclusions based on process name, and they all seems to be working except for the one listed below:

Blocked by Access Protection ruleC:\Windows\Installer\MSI78FB.tmpC:\Users\UserID\AppData\Local\Temp\7994.tmp\CopyBootstrap.batAnti-spyware Maximum Protection:Prevent all programs from running files from the Temp folderAction blocked : Execute

any ideas?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Disable Access Protection from command line
          Peter M

In what product please?

There isn't any point in posting in Business as there are dozens of sub-sections applicable to each Enterprise product.

Please indicate which one and I will move this there.

• 2. Re: Disable Access Protection from command line
            falconevo

You can easily modify the registry value to disable access protection, I personally use a quick reg change to enable/disable on machines remotely when doing changes for certain application updates/installs.  I use remote PS for managing the machines and running this change, you can simply use a .reg file locally if you don't have the ability to remotely manage.

Paste the below in to a text document and save as .reg, double click and run it on any Windows system and this will disable access protection in real time.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\McAfee\SystemCore\VSCore\On Access Scanner\BehaviourBlocking]

"APEnabled"=dword:00000000

To re-enable it, just change the dword value to "APEnabled"=dword:00000001 or create another .reg file with the dword modified.

• 3. Re: Disable Access Protection from command line
              catdaddy

Moved from Buisness > Business to VirusScan Enterprise > Discussions

Also Closing\Locking thread as it is over a year old.

By