1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 9:24 AM by scott.culbertson

VSE 8.8 P5 missed task

Liyema

Hi Everyone,

I am experiencing a challenge with VSE missed tasks, and my issue is as below:

I have a FULL ODS Scan scheduled to run Weekly, on Sunday evenings to be specific.

I have also checked the box to run missed task and this was to aimed at targeting machines that are not online when the ODS scan runs, such as laptops.

My thinking would be that the missed task would also run once a week, an in most cases on Mondays, but the task is running daily on users machines therefore impacting on business.

I have tried deleting the old Task and recreating it and randomized it to 30mins but this also does not work.

Any kind of assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

• 1. Re: VSE 8.8 P5 missed task
          davidp64

Hi Team,

can you provide me more clearity about your issue..

If possible provide the screencapture for configured policies.

Thanks

• 2. Re: VSE 8.8 P5 missed task
            Liyema

I unfortunately do not have screenshots as the issue is with a client I visit once a week, but will try get the screenshots the next time I go to site.

The issue is that the On-Demand scan missed task is running everyday instead of it running once as per the setting.

I have tried upgrading to the latest patch, deleted the old task and created a new once, but did not seem to sort out my issue.

• 3. Re: VSE 8.8 P5 missed task
              davidp64

Its Better ...

If possible can you share the steps you r using while creating task by this we can we crosscheck..

Thanks

• 4. Re: VSE 8.8 P5 missed task
                tkinkead

Just curious, do you only see this on systems that are in Sleep or Hibernate mode when the ODS is normally scheduled to start? 

Any chance that a scan task has been configured locally on those systems to run every day? 

• 5. Re: VSE 8.8 P5 missed task
                  hem

I suspect that the default local task 'Full scan' is somehow enabled and running 'Daily'. If you could share the Task folder from the client machine (C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Task) and ODS scan log (C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DesktopProtection). I will be help you in finding cause of the issue or else please open a case with support.

• 6. Re: VSE 8.8 P5 missed task
                    Liyema

@ Hem, I am unable to find (C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Task)

The ODS scan task has a specific name and on the logs of the affected machines I can see it is not the default Full scan running  on the machine but the task that I created.

@ tkinkead, as per the statement above, the task that runs on the machines is "managed" meaning that the machines are getting the task from the ePO.

@ piyushbgp64, the task were created the normal way on the Client Task catalog, but the only thing different that was done is to select the option to "Run missed tasks" on clients, meaning that if a machine is offline when the task is supposed to run the machine will kick off the task the next day or the next time the machine is switched on.

Regards,

• 7. Re: VSE 8.8 P5 missed task
                      hem

@ tkinkead, as per the statement above, the task that runs on the machines is "managed" meaning that the machines are getting the task from the ePO.

Answer:

No. You can create client task locally and be able to manage it even if machine is ePO managed. In this case, you have local task as well as ePO created client task and both the tasks are enforced to the client machine.

Please disable the local scan task which you created.

• 8. Re: VSE 8.8 P5 missed task
                        Liyema

@ Hem, no local client task was created on the client machines.

Regards,

• 9. Re: VSE 8.8 P5 missed task
                          hem

As suggested, please open a case with support. We will be able to investigate it better.

1 2 Previous Next