1 2 3 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 12:29 AM by Peacekeeper

Is there a fix for getting McAfee updates again?

patrelle

As of Wednesday, September 16, 2015, McAfee has stopped updating.  When I go to the McAfee window to check for updates, I've been getting the following message:   

ERROR: McAfee cannot update your software. Please check your internet connection.

I have Windows 7.  AT&T is my Internet provider and it includes McAfee Security Suite.  I have called McAfee Tech support 3 days in a row. Each time they remotely connect to/work on my computer and tell me the problem is fixed.  It is NOT fixed.  They have also uninstalled/reinstalled my McAfee software.  Nothing seems to help.  However, they say they are aware of the problem.  The McAfee Virtual Technician (installed on my  computer) did not resolve the issue either. 

Is anyone currently experiencing this problem?  Is there a way to fix it?  I am not technically proficient, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm really concerned because I spend several hours a day on the Internet.

1 2 3 Previous Next