6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 8:29 PM by carnold

VSE 8.8 Patch 6 on Win 10

carnold

So, we just migrated our ePO server to a new server and upgraded ePO to 5.3. Checked all the needed software in and went to install VSe on a win 10 system. Never installs using the agent 5.0.1 and if i manuall run VSEsetup from the ePO server, i get an error about compatibility. If i run patch 6, of course, i'm told the product to upgrade is not installed. So exactly how is one to get VSE 8.8 patch 6 installed on a win 10 system?

• 1. Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 on Win 10
          ja2013

William Warren stated in one of his posts on this issue:

The message will be accurate.

Either your build of Patch 6 is not meant for that build of Windows, or that build of Windows is not meant for Patch 6.

If you need help figuring out which, Support can help.

I would give support a call.

• 2. Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 on Win 10
            carnold

Yea, i read that response from wwarren while searching around. However, since the Win 10 that is installed is the RTM (not a technical preview or RC) it has to be a VSE patch X issue. Regardless, VSE 8.8 patch 1-5 WILL not install on Win 10 in order to install patch 6. So what is the proper sequence to install VSE on win 10 and what are the requirements from the VSE side? Can you talk to support without having a grant number? Ours expired may of this year.

• 3. Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 on Win 10
              tkinkead

It sounds like you're using the Patch 6 upgrade patch, not the Patch 6 full installer.  They are two separate packages.  One is used to upgrade from a pre-existing VSE install (i.e. product to upgrade is not installed), and the other is the full install.

The upgrade installer just has "Setup.exe"; the full installer has "SetupVSE.exe".  You can download both through Software Manager in ePO. 

• 4. Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 on Win 10
                carnold

Yea, the patch 6 that i see is setup.exe only.

Capture1.PNG

I don't see anywhere to download the full patch in ePO

• 5. Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 on Win 10
                  tomz2

carnold,

You will need to visit the McAfee download site and use your grant number to access the full package.

• 6. Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 on Win 10
                    carnold

Ok, so now i have the zip..... Do i have to manually install the setupVSE file on every PC or is there a way to add it to the ePO server so the agent will pull it down to install? And speaking of the agent, we have 5.0.1 installed and see in ePO that 5.0.2 is available but again, don't see how to check 5.0.2 in. If i click on check-in (current branch), the accept EULA box is greyed out. The framepkg file is 5.0.1. As you can see, i am having trouble understanding some of the basics of ePO.

EDIT

So i think i figured it out; download the zip and then check it in using master repo. Deploy 5.0.2 agent and then the agent pulled down the full install of VSE patch 6

/EDIT