I'm planning to upgrade epo 4.6 to 5.x and would like to have suggestions.
My current setup is:
- single non-ad connected w2k3 std x64
- epo 126.96.36.199
- sql server express 64b, 2008sp1 (10.0.2531.0)
- both ad connected and non-ad connected clients (under 1k total, but scattered around the globe)
- single ad connected w2008R2
- server moved to different ip subnet
- latest epo 5.x, Is there still sql server express included in epo 5.x installation?
- clients still both ad connected and non-ad connected
To my understanding, I have two options:
1. go with upgrade path (dunno yet all the steps required) and use The Upgrade Compatibility tool
2. install new server totally fresh, export/import policies and just move clients to new server (KB79283)
Which method would be the way to proceed in my case? Anything major i should take into consideration?
All input is appreciated!