1 2 3 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2015 5:50 PM by catdaddy

False Artemis!2EECC56707D6

mezzoman

Hi,

I recently downloaded an Internet Time server program from Thinkman.com call Dimension4. It's used widely in the amateur radio community to keep accurate time. It had been working for a week or so then a scheduled scan took place and the D4.exe file was quarantined. There was another Artemis!5B73E70C3FD8 involved which appears to be the installer d4time531.msi.

I tried to restore them from the quarantine, but to no avail. I will say now that the quarantine display shows many many cookies from a few years ago and I can't delete them. That's a separate issue, but doesn't help as it makes the application run extremely slowly.

I've sent the email as requested, and posting here as requested in the guide. Hope I've done everything ok.

Thanks,

Rob

• 1. Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6
          catdaddy

mezzoman,

If your submission was successful, you should have received a confirmation from McAfee Labs. Associated with that should be a Analysis ID# Due to the large volume of detections on a daily basis, we recommend allowing 4-5 business days, to be processed/Analyzed.

At that time, if not resolved please kindly post back and furnish the Analysis ID#, then we can contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf. To expedite your issue. I might add also, each Artemis! Detection needs to be sent individually, zipped and password protected ,using the word infected.

If you followed these Guidelines/Instructions:  What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal   All should be well.

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6
            mezzoman

Hi Catdaddy,

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I did the correct things in the email. I'll read the Appeals link and resend both this time.

Regards,

Rob

• 3. Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6
              catdaddy

You are quite welcome   You should receive an almost immediate confirmation when submitted successfully.

Regards,

CD

• 4. Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6
                catdaddy

I also noticed you mentioned you had many,many cookies from (Years) ago and could not delete them? May I ask what Version of McAfee are you running? Have you tried using the Windows Utility Disk Clean, or McAfee Quick Clean?

One should regularly clear Temporary Internet Files/Temporary Files/Cookies/Cache etc. Are you saying that the built up number of tracking cookies are in your McAfee Quarantined Files? It is my understanding that McAfee no longer quarantines 'Cookies', yet detects Files/Programs that are deemed Suspicious/Malicious/ or a Potentially unwanted Program.

• 5. Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6
                  mezzoman

Hi again,

Having big trouble creating the files to send. Because they aren't in the display list, they should be but aren't, I can't send them that way.

I'm using Vista Home Premium and that doesn't support passwords for zipped folders.

I have 7-Zip, which should allow me to do it, but can't seem to find how it's done it that.

I'll get back to you.

Rob

• 6. Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6
                    catdaddy

You may find the following discussion Colleague Peacekeeper had, in regards to using 7-zip most informative Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187  Again each individual detection needs to be sent.

• 7. Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6
                      mezzoman

Thanks Catdaddy,

I'll have a look a that link and get the grey matter working.

Rob

Edit: Not on the affected PC so can't try things until at least Monday now.

• 8. Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6
                        catdaddy

I see...We will be around...

Regards,

CD

• 9. Re: False Artemis!2EECC56707D6
                          mezzoman

Hi,

Further to my last post. I have been unable to do anything on the PC today, and will be unavailable for a week or so. I'll try the method you recommended from Peacekeeper in your post when I get back.

As for the cookies I use CCleaner at the end of most sessions. That's not the issue though, they show up in the McAfee quarantine window where you can delete/restore but are not in the quarantine folder!

I'm using  McAfee Security centre Version 14.0 build 14.0.339 last update was 17/06/2015. Anti-virus & Spyware Version 18.0 build 18.0.177 updated 14/09/2015.

Not tried Quck clean as yet.

I'll try when I get back next week.

Regards,

Rob

1 2 3 Previous Next