2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 2:49 PM by fnogueira

Problems to remove recipient on ESM

fnogueira

When i Tried remove an e-mail from recipients the ESM give me the erro message:

"One or more of the selected email addresses is currently in use and cannot be deleted. (ER1244)"

I researched at all possible sources without success.

I also tried by removing the recipient in all alarms and reports but even so its was not possible.

ErrorRecipientEsm.PNG

• 1. Re: Problems to remove recipient on ESM
          penoffd

I ended up opening a ticket for this when I encountered it on our SIEM.  I believe in our case there was a user or users that were still connected to reports in the system and they had to be removed from them before their accounts could be deleted.

Here is what I did as directed by McAfee:

You will have to manually remove the email from the alarm/report that it is attached to. However we do have a way to figure out what reports/alarms the email is attached to. Follow these instructions to get the information

connect to esm database:

cd /usr/local/ess/data

nsql connect_esm.sql

once connected run:

select * from emailaddress - get the id(second column) associated to user's email

select * from notifica where emailaddressid= - get the id(fourth column) of notification

select * from notifctn where id= - will return report/alarm information including the name

This allowed us to identify the reports and then go in and remove the account from them.  On one of them I couldn't do it, so I copied the report and deleted the original.  That made the ESM happy and I was able to delete the account after that.

Dan

• 2. Re: Problems to remove recipient on ESM
            fnogueira

Perfect guy!

Thank you so much for your help!