4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 5:00 PM by Peter M

Installation Incomplete - We couldn't install any of the security features included with your software. Help!?

cousins2kuk

Dear all.

I wonder whether someone can help?

I have a subscription for McAfee Total Protection 2015. 3 User licence. Currently installed on 1 computer.

My other laptop, I have just upgraded to have a new SSD drive in, and therefore have started with a fresh install of Windows on my laptop. (Restore back to factory default from restore disks). Before swapping in my new hard drive, I uninstalled McAfee from my previous Hard Drive, and looking on my online account profile, this worked.

However, when trying to install McAfee Total Protection I get the following error message time and time again:

"Installation Incomplete - We couldn't install any of the security features included with your software. To fix this you can: Try Installing them again"

I've been browsing through the forums and have tried a number of things, including removing all of the C++ programs listed in the program list. Then re-installing only the 2010 version. Have tried renaming the 3 files in the system 32 folder to add a 12345 after the .ddl file extension.

I have also tried using the McAfee un-installer, and also the pre install manager.

I have also installed all of the latest windows updates... but still I can't get McAfee to install.

No other security software running on my laptop. Have also disabled windows firewall...

The closest I ever got was for error message number 12152 - which occurred just after I tried disabling the fire wall.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Chris