1 2 3 4 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 7:13 AM by catdaddy

False Artemis! 295214DE9187

glitelover

The software program that I use as part of my job as at-home medical transcriptionist was identified as Artemis! 295214DE9187 and quarantined on the nightly scan on 08/26/15.  I notified my company's IT department, and after an unsuccessful uninstall and attempted re-install, they have advised me that I need to switch to another antivirus program so that I can continue to work.  I don't want to do that, so I have e-mailed McAfee virus research per instructions and received an auto-reply.  I am now posting here as well, as instructed. 

Incidentally, on the overnight scan last night/this morning (08/27/15), another Artemis! file was quarantined as a potentially unwanted program and seems to be a partially downloaded file of the same program which the IT person tried to install.  That ID is Artemis! C5C40A63028B.

The name of the software program in question is Chartnet Client 5.5 and was originally downloaded and installed about a month ago, but the scans just started picking it up on 08/26/15.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187
          catdaddy

glitelover,

When you submitted your False Artemis! Detection, did you follow these Guidelines/Instructions?

What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

You also have to submit the additional Detection as well, per those instructions. After a successful submission,you should receive a confirmation from McAfee Labs. Along with that also a Analysis ID #. We generally ask to allow 4-5 days to be analyzed, due to the Large volume of daily Detections.

If not resolved after allowing such time, Kindly post back the Analysis ID # ( for each Detection) and I will contact a Technician/Engineer from McAfee Labs, in a effort to expedite your issues and come to a resolution.

All the very best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187
            glitelover

Hi, and thanks for your response.  I did follow those directions for the e-mail and got an auto-reply.  I'm not sure what you mean when you say "submit the additional Detection as well."  Can you explain that further, please?  Thanks.

• 3. Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187
              catdaddy

That is Great   Of course, you stated:

" Incidentally, on the overnight scan last night/this morning (08/27/15), another Artemis! file was quarantined as a potentially unwanted program and seems to be a partially downloaded file of the same program which the IT person tried to install.  That ID is Artemis! C5C40A63028B"

You will need to submit this Detection also, as it has a different Artemis! Number. Simply follow the same steps in which you did in the first instance. Evidently something has changed in the software, for it to start being detected.

After allowing the time mentioned, kindly post back the Analysis ID#'s, and I will proceed further, if needed.

Regards,

CD

• 4. Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187
                catdaddy

glitelover,

Please keep me apprised, as it interferes with your work. Hopefully one of the Lab techs may be roaming this area, and quite possibly pick up your thread. I cannot of course promise, for they stay inundated on a daily basis.

All the very Best

CD

• 5. Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187
                  glitelover

Thanks.  The IT guy turned off real-time scanning and re-installed the software and then turned scanning back on, so I can access the program right now.  Not optimal, for sure, so I will keep trying to get a permanent fix.  He said the developers had submitted to McAfee (and Norton) for exceptions already.  They have lots of their people using Microsoft Security Essentials, which apparently doesn't give them any problems, but I don't want to go that route. 

• 6. Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187
                    catdaddy

Thank you for the information. Should you still need our assistance, don,t hesitate to contact us.

Glad that you are capable of working   I will keep this thread open, in case you do feel the need to Post your analysis ID #'S.

Regards,

CD

• 7. Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187
                      catdaddy

glitelover,

Could you please apprise me if you want me to Contact McAfee Labs on your behalf? Or if you are still not having issues, we can consider this thread answered?

Thank you in Advance,

CD

• 8. Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187
                        glitelover

Hi, and thank you for your continued efforts to help.

I haven't heard anything since the initial auto-reply from the lab, and I am still having the difficulty with the False Artemis.  It quarantines the transcription software on every scan and also if I have real-time scanning on when launching or closing the program in question (Chartnet). 

It would be great if you could contact them for me.  I appreciate your help!

• 9. Re: False Artemis! 295214DE9187
                          catdaddy

You are quite welcome. Do you have your Analysis ID #'s so as I can send to my contact at McAfee Labs? If you zipped your Submission/Password protected it properly, you should have gotten a Confirmation. These are needed in order for me to expedite your case.

For Example: 

When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file.

Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected (encrypted) using the password "infected" (minus the "") - using the basic or default zipping level - some compression software offers varying degrees.  Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected or ignored.

If you've done that properly an automated response should be received almost immediately, followed by a manual one, usually within 24 - 48 hours.

If you don't receive anything it either means the file was submitted incorrectly or the response is sitting in your Junk or Spam mail folders.

**If they respond that it is an infection and you are sure it is not, reply to that email immediately ( to virus_research@mcafee.com ) and insert the word 'False' (minus the '') in front of the header, but keep the rest of the header intact.

Regards,

CD

1 2 3 4 Previous Next